Sunday 15 August 2010

André Citroën


I'm posting today's photo after recieving it from my mum who wanted me to reccomend Parc André Citroën. It's situated by the Seine in the 15th arrondissement, on the former Citroën automobile manufacturing plant. It's an excellent spot for running or just taking a stroll, as it got "everything." The parc has mix of small paths hidden in forestlike areas, open squares with fountains and small waterfalls. Today's photo show a few of the wooden sunbeds one might find comfortable enough to rest on after a work out session or on a summer day. The André Citroën Parc also includes six theme gardens, where every garden is associated with a metal, a plant, a day of the week, a state of the water and a sense. For example, there is The Silver Garden, associated with silver, the Moon, Monday, rivers, and sight. I have not yet been in this parc myself, therefore I am very curious to see how these six gardens look like, and as I'm leaving Paris very soon, a visit to this parc will have to be on my to-do-list for my next trip to Paris!

2 comments: