Saturday 26 January 2013

Australia Day

Today is the CDP's (City Daily Photo portal) very first National Day Theme, and it happens to be Australia Day! My photo for today is one from my Australia Day celebration in 2006. It's not the best photo I've taken, but it is (surprisingly) the only one I've got from this evening! It's taken in Kings Park, onlooking Perth CBD. The park is a popular spot for an authentic aussie barbie on Oz Day, waiting for the fireworks over Swan River. I wish I had found out about CDP four years earlier, it would have been so much fun to have had a Perth Daily Photo blog too!! Happy Australia Day!

3 comments:

  1. Now you have me confused, I am not sure if your name is Hanne or Adelheid!

    I am so glad that you participated in the first National Day on the portal, and that it gave you a chance to remember your time in Perth. I would think there is a crowd of people up in Kings' Park at this very moment waiting for the start of the 2013 fire-works.

    Great stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How wonderful that you have a memory of a well spent Aussie Day.

    ReplyDelete