Friday 12 February 2010

Dendrocopos major


Ideally, I think this first post should have been a picture showing a famous street or building in Oslo, or a nice over-view picture of the city. This is what I had in mind when I took a walk up a steep hill not so far from my flat, knowing the views over Oslo from up there are fantastic, that is, on a sunny day. Since we're in mid-february with snowy weather, the view from Ekebergåsen wasn't as good as I know it can be. On my way back down, I came across this bird, we call it Flaggspett in norwegian and in latin its called Dendrocopos major. I became quite facinated by the bird trying to peck his way through the bark, and although the bird didn't stay still for long, I managed to take this photo.

In some ways this picture also represents what i want with this blog. Many of my future posts is most likely to be pictures of a famous street or a building, due to a lack of creativity. Although, I will try to take pictures that shows sides of Oslo that might not be discovered in day-to-day life and sides that are off the beaten tourist tracks

No comments:

Post a Comment