Tuesday 27 July 2010

Pine


In the beginning of my stay in Paris I wrote about Jardin du Luxembourg, how it's my favourite spot for lunch on a sunny day. I am a little embarassed to say that even though I have been in Paris many times, I have not really visited that many parks and gardens, only because I kept going back to Jardin du Luxembourg. Since then I have spent some of my afternoons and weekends exploring other green lungs in Paris. Of the numerous parks and gardens in Paris, I still have a "few" left to see before I've seen them all. So far I am very surprised that all the parks and gardens are so different to each other. Not all of them has, what is for me a characteristic Parisian style, with the fountains, statues and flowers like Jardin du Luxembourg or Jardin de Tuileries. Today's photo is taken in Parc Montsouris, in the 14th arrondissement. What I like the most about this park are all the trees, in particular the pine trees that reminds me of home, and by reading about the parc I learnd that there are about 150 species of trees and shrubs growing there

No comments:

Post a Comment