Thursday 1 July 2010

100 reflections of Oslo


From this blog's very first post in February, I have today posted exactly a 100 pictures from Oslo! With this I will end this Oslo Daily Photo blog. I have not grown tired of this daily habit, the only reason for me to stop posting pictures from Oslo is because I have moved from the city and back home to my hometown. I will continue posting daily photos from my municipality, Eiker, in a new blog although this blog will not be up and running until 15th of August. From tomorrow and for the next 6 weeks I am a Parisian!! I urge you therefore to keep following this blog for a Paris daily photo, until mid August, when I hope you will follow me to my new blog and see many beautiful pictures from my little hometown! Please stay tuned!! Not forgetting about theme day today, I have chosen to give this month's theme "reflections" a wide interpretation. As reflectins can be representations or images I will mention again that today's picture is the last in a series of one hundred photos, images, representations or reflections of Oslo. The building you can see in today's photo is the Oslo Opera House. It was finished in April 2008, after about 5-6 years of building. In just one year, the Opera House had 1.3 million visitors, making it one of Oslo's most popular tourist spots. It's roof is open for the public to walk around on, giving some nice views over Oslo, and in summer time the roof is also used as a concert venue.
Click here to view thumbnails for all participants

5 comments:

  1. Your daily pictures of Oslo has been a marvellous journey in a city culture! And your comments has followed the photos as well in a personally way as in facts! I'm sorry that I've found your blog very late, just before you decided to quit...:( Hope you will continue, making photo shots from your next place !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your daily pictures of Oslo has been a marvellous journey in a city culture! And your comments has followed the photos as well in a personally way as in facts! I'm sorry that I've found your blog very late, just before you decided to quit...:( Look forward to follow your photo shots from your next places !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Look forward to see your`s and Eric`s(Tenin) pictures from Paris ! Bon séjour !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adelheid, have fun in Paris!
    Thanks for the pictures, keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tusen takk og lykka til i Paris!

    ReplyDelete